Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sunny and 70 Degrees


It looks like we are in store for another beautiful weekend.  We’ve had at least one great day, if not both for the last couple of weekends.  One would think this is a good thing, but basically there are two problems with the great weather. 

First of all, I’m over the cold weather and the unusual amount of snow we’ve had this year so I’m more than ready for warm weather.  I get nervous when it’s colder than 70 degrees – so this is great.  However, as much as I love this weather it’s too early.  I know its going to get cold again.  I walked around the farm this morning and things are starting to bud out.  It’s supposed to be warm all next week, but undoubtedly we’ll get another hard freeze or a stupid March snow.  Which means all the spring blooms will get zapped. 

Secondly, the great weather makes me feel bad about myself.  I need to get off my ass and get some things done.  Last weekend I was really productive, well for at least one day.  I worked in the vegetable garden and cleaned up the greenhouse, repaired the window vents and scrubbed the outside.  The weekend before I managed to cut back any left over winter plantings and started mulching the planting beds.    

So, this beautiful weather means I should really spend one day this weekend outside - or maybe both days. 

But, I want to be lazy and opt for an interior weekend.  I have some really high brow programming to catch up on.  I now have the entire first season of the Tudors recorded on the DVR.   But as I hit enter on this post, I'm sliding into the farm boots and out to spread pine straw!   It’s all about prioritizing.









2 comments:

  1. ahhhhh... signs of Spring! After our second round of 4" of snow I am officially ready for Spring! Thank you for the hope! Your home is stunning!
    Lovely to meet you!
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see (and feel) Spring in the air!
    I hope you are having a wonderful week!
    Happy March (and almost warm weather)!
    Xo,
    E&J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...