Sunday, April 3, 2011

Major Reflection

I like big mirrors. The bigger the better, and if it has a huge gilt frame that’s makes it even better!  This first photo is of my dining room, so you can see that I’m serious about this subject.    Once when C’s father was here he asked why we had so many mirrors in the house.  C told him it was my idea and that I just liked them.  Also, he probably said something to the effect that mirrors reflect light and make rooms appear larger. I know he really wanted to say that I just like to look at myself, but he was nice enough to not go there with Dad.  Really the truth is big mirrors create impact (and I like to look at myself).


photo credit Carlos Mota

photo credit Jonny Valiant

photo credit Jonny Valiant

unknown

photo credit Mick Hales

photo credit Oberto Gili

photo credit Roger Davies

photo credit Simon Upton

photo credit Simon Upton

photo credit Simon Upton

photo credit Simon Upton

The World of Interiors Archives

photo credit William Waldron

5 comments:

  1. Love those mirrors, especially the ones photographed by Johnny Valiant. I've been hunting for a large mirror for a while. Still smarting over the one I missed out on (long story, I was there first but...) at Scott's this past Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo!!! Me too!! I love to look at myself! :) LOL! No seriously, I think you've said it perfectly, they do have serious impact, and I am going gaga over that Mick Hayes photos. To..Die..!
    Thanks for stopping by the blog tonight! Love your input, and yes, decorating on meds is super daring! I'm off to see if I can find a picture of your ottomans and table for inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the ones photographed by John Valiant.
    I remember seeing something similar at West Elm, but not quite.
    Where can we get them!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the first mirror in your dining room from?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...