Monday, October 31, 2011

Faked Out

OK...so this is a fashion post, but I couldn't help myself.  I like W.  I always have.  Yesterday while piled on the sofa sipping coffee and flipping through the latest issue I noticed this ad - for obvious reasons!  And, I must say I studied it for quite awhile.  However, I paid no attention to the name of the product being adverstised - again for obvious reasons!


Several other ads caught my attention.  Joan Rivers doing a knock-off  'what becomes a legend' ad? All I focused on was her face.  "Jesus, she's been airbrushed to death," I thought.



Also, This one caused me to pause for a moment.  Not because of the model's state of undress, but because I knew she was a drag queen from RuPaul's show.  Still, I didn't paid attention to the product or question her as the model, I just thought..."Good for her. She got a job.  But, boy did she tuck her junk.  That has to hurt!" 


W can be alittle out there so I didn't think anything about it.  And again, what I find most interesting, especially considering my retail and marketing background was that I paid NO attention to the actual product the ads were representing.  Come to find out they are all fake!   W placed nine fake advertisements, each shot by the Steven Meisel in the issue. See them all HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...